The Arctic States
Identify the Arctic States. Where are the Arctic States and which flag belongs to which state?
Download the flags in a Word document.
Are these statements true or false?
- Temperatures are rising twice as fast in the Arctic as over the rest of the world.
- Arctic sea-ice is shrinking rapidly – 2012 was the lowest recorded extent on record.
- Changes to the Arctic Ocean are now thought to have the potential to affect European weather and climate
- The area within the Arctic Circle is home to 4 million people.
- Melting Arctic glaciers, ice caps and the Greenland Ice Sheet contributed over 40% of the 3.1mm global sea level rise observed between 2003 and 2008.
- The United Kingdom is the Arctic’s nearest neighbour.